It’s been a long, long time since I’ve been able to blog, as I’ve been working a couple of jobs at the same time as well as trying to keep up volunteering with Girlguiding. One of those jobs was developing youth services, particularly for young women of high school age, and there were quite a few activities and things I did that can crossover into the Girlguiding programme. This activity could work well for Guides and Senior Section in particular, and would definitely fit into the Think Resilient badge or Me in Mind. With many of our girls on exam leave, this is a great activity for a stress reliever.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
3 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1 Tbsp. oil (we used vegetable oil, but I suspect almond oil would work better)
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp purple or blue food colouring
5-10 drops of lavender essential oil
1. Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar, and oil in a large bowl.
2. Add boiling water and stir to combine.
3. Add food colouring and lavender oil.
4. Once you’ve reached the desired consistency (adding more water or flour as needed). You may need to use your hands to get it to mix together.
5. If you want to add glitter, add a tablespoon and roll it into the mixture.
To keep the putty from drying out, you may want to wrap in cling film.