Hi! I’m a volunteer with Girlguiding in Edinburgh, Scotland. Outside of my life in Girlguiding I’ve been working in the public & third sector doing youth development work for 14 years and a few years ago finally went back to university to get my qualification in Community Learning and Development at the University of Glasgow School of Education. I completed my Girlguiding Leadership Qualification as a Guides (age 10-15) and Senior Section (age 14-25) leader in 2014. My hope with this blog is being able to…
1. explain why I volunteer with Girlguiding and show what we do
2. share ideas of what girls can do as Guides and members of the Senior Section
3. raise awareness of what this charity does for our local and global community
4. share how I’m trying to live out the promise I’ve made as a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Young Leader, Ranger and Adult leader.
5. hopefully allow people to give feedback and create online community with Guides and Scouts all over the globe!
An extra bonus is that youth workers outside of Girlguiding may be able to use some of the activities in their own youth groups and services. I know that wherever I’ve worked I’ve brought ideas from mainstream youth work to Girlguiding and from Girlguiding to mainstream youth work.
We’ll see how it goes! 🙂
Please note that the viewpoints I put across on this blog (and any other social media I use) are my own, and no-one else’s. Therefore they are not necessarily representative of Girlguiding or any other organisation or the friends I work with in Girlguiding. All photos are used with permission for the promotion of Girlguiding and have been taken by myself or by another Girlguiding member I have been working with unless otherwise stated. They are not to be copied or used for any other purpose. The only names mentioned are those of adults.